HSS source

Does anyone know where I could look for HSS in flat stock that is 0.048" thick. I want to grind into small knife blades.

Bob Darrah West Linn, Oregon

Reply to
Bob Darrah

HSS bandsaw blades.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

After you use up all the teeth on a Tenryu 7 1/2" steel cutting saw blade, what you have left is a piece of HSS that is the right size to make a set of 4 dinner knives, or perhaps two larger knives.

Mine is not here right now, but my memory is the HSS is 50 thousandths.

'Tis a bitch to cut. I use the "whizzer" wheels on a small pneumatic die grinder. Seems like plasma or water jet cutting would be much better.

Reply to
frank