Cutting a recess in HSS

Recess may not be the correct description. I am trying to find out how I would cut a semicircle in a piece of HSS. I want a 1/8" or 3/16" done. The
piece of steel is 7" long and 1/4 X 1/4 square. The purpose is to create a tool that cuts beads like the Sorby bead cutter at the following location:
http://tinyurl.com/7x2b8
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bob Darrah West Linn, Oregon
Hey Bob, wouldnt grinding be a good Method ? your feature seems rather small
Jeff Ottawa

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:56:08 -0700, "Bob Darrah"

You will want to grind HSS. Secure the workpiece in a vice and dress the proper radius onto the grinding wheel.
Otherwise, good luck.
Hope that helps.