Cutting a recess in HSS

Recess may not be the correct description. I am trying to find out how I would cut a semicircle in a piece of HSS. I want a 1/8" or 3/16" done. The piece of steel is 7" long and 1/4 X 1/4 square. The purpose is to create a tool that cuts beads like the Sorby bead cutter at the following location:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Darrah West Linn, Oregon

Reply to
Bob Darrah

Hey Bob, wouldnt grinding be a good Method ? your feature seems rather small

Reply to
Sailer

You will want to grind HSS. Secure the workpiece in a vice and dress the proper radius onto the grinding wheel.

Otherwise, good luck.

Hope that helps.

Reply to
me