Selecting a welder

Hello All,
I'm a glass artist in Wisconsin and I am looking for a welder that I can use to create frames for my sculptural pieces. I've been using a friends stick
welder, but it is 220 and I'd rather have a 110 or 115 welder. I'm using 1/2" square stock and 1/8" x 1" flat stock to create these frames.
My question is, do you think that the Hobart Handler 140 would work for this sort of thing?
Thanks in advance for you thoughts.
Allen
That welder should be fine to use but consider a small mig welder around the same amperage it is a little easier to use and you dont have the smoke that a flux coated rod gives off. Im not familliar with the Hobart line but Miller and lincoln as also good choices

use
stick
this

Site Timeline