The power of a scotchbrite wheel

Here's a link to something that happened to me today. I'm glad I make a habit of turning the acetylene tank off when I'm done!

John

Reply to
John T

Looks like you are damn lucky the entire shop didn't blow up John!

Reply to
ngreader

oops!

Reply to
Eide

Better fix that extension cord too before you electrocute yourself.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

It is good to learn from others mistakes. Thank you. Randy

John

Reply to
R. Zimmerman

I've got my grinder mounted on an identical stand. It tends to do quite a tap dance if you don't keep an eye on it. Anchoring it down with a bag of sand wrapped around the base helps to keep it in place, yet mobile when you need to move it.

I've also organized my shop into zones so that things that move are kept far away from things that spark, in my case, diagonally in opposite corners of the work space.

Reply to
Speechless

John,

It is probably worth using those three screwdown holes in the tripod base - those stands are top heavy and should only be used screwed down

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson