tricky joint advice sought

I have a need to fasten 1/2" square tubing along one face of some larger rectangular tubing (About 2x3). The larger tube is made by folding a flat, and the spot-welded joggled seam is right where the small tube needs to go. The seam results in a ridge 1/4" wide and 1/16 high. Cosmetics are important, but more so is that both tubes will have close-clearance things inserted; so distorting the inside walls is a no-no. I tried MIG welding one (I need a dozen good ones) and it was not satisfactory. Any ideas appreciated.

I have Oxy/acet, MIG, AC/DC stick, and a portable spot welder for equipment.

Thanks

Roger in Vegas Worlds Greatest Impulse Buyer

Reply to
Roger Hull

MIG Braze with pure argon and silicon bronze wire.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler