Volume of CO^2

Hi
I was trying to work out a method of working out the volume of CO^2 in a
cylinder from a given weight, i assume the weights are fairly accurate.
Does anyone if my method (on the following paragraph ) know if it is
correct?
Taking the assumption that 1 mole of CO^2 will occupy 24 litres of
space at STP.
So when one mole of CO^2 weighs 44 grams (0.044 Kg) you must divide
the mass of gas in the cylinder by the weight of one mole of CO^2 and
then multiply the result by 24
So a 600g (0.6 Kg) cylinder of CO^2 should contain 327.27 litres
Danny
Reply to
Danny
Actually 22.4 liters per mole.
Actually 305.45 liters.
Gary
Reply to
Gary Coffman
The method is correct, but note that the gas escaping from the cylinder won't be at STP. It will be much colder. If you want to see the volume you calculated, you'll have to let it warm to room temperature before measuring it.
No problem.
I don't know the answer to that, but I suspect you're right.
Gary
Reply to
Gary Coffman