Welding hobby

Survived hurricane Charley and with the help of my Miller Bobcat was able to keep cool, run refrigerator, lights, tv and even my computer. I am glad to have this piece of equipment around. The better half even said something nice about my "expensive hobby". I don't think I would go thru something like this to justify my next hobby.

chaz

Reply to
chaz

Glad to hear the "survived" part It was nip and tuck for some and just heavy winds and rain for others so I hear. Everyone is different and we have heard less than half the story so far - those in trailers are in tough spots. Hope they drove out early.

Martin [ Survived many a Typhoon on a island 1.5 miles long, 500 yards wide and 6' tall at the max! ]

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I live about a half a block from the Imperial River in Bonita Springs. Lots of rain and wind, water came up to my garage and started flooding the neighbors. We are about 6 feet above sea level. Came out OK with only a tree through my garage roof. Have electricity now and will tackle the roof to prevent further damage. Lots of area still without electricity. Bobcat will be towed to neighbors son in law to get him some relief. No one thought this category 2 storm would do this type of damage, it raised to category 4 in a few minutes. The real damage was done when the storm stalled by Captiva Island for about 20 minutes leaving the backwash in our area to push water up the river. This affected the Bonita Beach/ Ft. Myers Beach area. Just too late to evacuate, the storm was wrapped so tight that the surge didn't happen. The real high winds that cause the surge was contained near the eye wall. BTW Captiva Island was cut in half. It is now 2 islands.

Reply to
chaz

They just showed an interview with an 84 year old lady that came out unscathed. Three of her neighbors died. She said they didn't have the means to get out. There are 31 senior trailer parks in the Punta Gorda area an they are still finding victims. I was caught up in Homestead with Andrew in

92 >

heavy winds and rain for

the story so far -

6' tall at the max! ]