Welding tungsten to stainless

some tooling . SAhe needs some mandrels made that are a piece of tungsten rod welded/brazed to a stainless steel handle . The join is not
subject to the full heat of molten glass . Am I right in assuming that a TIG torch set on DCEN will melt and fuse these two metals without filler ? What filler is recommended ? I have on hand 308 309/309l , and some 312 in various sizes . I also have some ER70S2 on hand . She indicates that these must be pretty straight , no wobbles when they are spun or rolled across a flat surface . I'm thinking a long vee block with a cutout in the middle , maybe a spring on one end to keep things pushed together . We're getting into uncharted territory here for me , I'm open to suggestions - that pertain to the task at hand , please .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
wrote:

Remove 333 to reply. Randy
On 6/23/2018 9:27 AM, Randy333 wrote:

function on my Everlast TIG/stick/spot inverter welder ...
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
On 06/23/2018 08:00 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Through the years, I have welded stainless to mild steel a number of times. I was told to use a higher chromium content rod than the parent metal, and it has worked OK. DCEN sounds right to me. Personally, I would just TIG weld it. If you could get a scrap of the stainless tube, try a test weld. My experience with welding stainless is that it tends to move around a lot when you heat it.
Good Luck, BobH
On 6/23/2018 6:39 PM, BobH wrote:

afternoon , I'm going to build her a fixture . They are attaching pieces of 1/16" , 1/8" , and 5/32" TIG electrodes to some 5/32" ER316L filler rod pieces . What I will be doing is building them a fixture so they can silver solder their own tooling together .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
On 06/23/2018 05:18 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

I was curious how what you were describing worked for beads. I was envisioning the tubes that I see them use at the glass blowing shops, but it didn't make sense for beads. Now it does...
BobH