TIG welding 304 stainless to mild steel

Is 310 SS rod suitable for welding 304 SS to mild steel?

Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 1, 8:18 pm, hot rodder

Yes. You should try to have a minimise the amount of melting of the mild steel.
Dan
Add pictures here
✖

The most common filler metals for welding stainless to steel are 309L and 321L. 309L is more common. Use minimal heat. You don't want to melt the metals together too much.
Add pictures here
✖

Not disagreeing, but 310 will work if that is what he has on hand. I would use 312 as I have a lifetime supply of it on hand.
Dan
Add pictures here
✖