welding welder

Just acquired a Miller Bobcat. On the battery box end it is rusted out in a few places. Have cut the areas out, do I bolt or rivet replacement sheet metal or can I weld it without hurting the electronics in the machine? Thanks

charlie

Reply to
<chazr_at_comcast.net>

Thomas Kendrick

You can weld it. Just follow the same precautions you'd follow welding on a car, keep the "ground" clamp close to the weld.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

OOPS! Forgot about the fuel tank. There is a heavier brace welded to the bottom of the tray that has the rear Mount holes. It has pulled away from the tray but seems structurally sound. I will pop rivet the sheet metal in and paint it up. Thanks

charlie

Reply to
chaz