What is the "COOLEST" thing you ever made?

James It is amazing to me that there are people who can make a living making this abstract art. Hey, no harm indented, it just isn't my cup of tea. Good thing the world isn't full of people like me huh? Otherwise you wouldn't sell anything.

I'm not trying to put anybody down, but rather to start a conversation about it if anyone is interested. BTW, I have no idea how much you sell your stuff for, or if you sell enough to qualify for "making a living". For all I know you've got an inheritance you are living off of. Or, you could be a millionaire from selling it. I have no idea.

Since being laid off from Boeing in January, I've been trying to push my hobby/part time business into prime time without any luck what-so-ever. I would appreciate hearing about you and your art in this down Puget Sound economy.

Lane

Reply to
lane

Ok I have you all beat!!! The coolest thing I ever made was my 3 kids!!!!! Ok, it had nothing to do with welding, I couldn't resist!

Reply to
Jerrymediccs2

You made them all by yourself? Alone?

Reply to
jerry_tig2003

Yes, that is cool.

My friend creates "yard Art" and has put some of his creations online here:

My favorite is the "Mad Bird Face".

(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

Reply to
Larry

Please defien "different"...

-- you can contact me via

Bruce Simpson

I don't know, but all the parts you see in this link I made, all the headers are Inconel, that stuff is different to weld.

Reply to
David Algie

Maybe he's Professor Utonium, father and creator of the Powerpuff Girls.

Reply to
ATP

Well, it's sort of like 321 stainless, but there's a hue to the weld area, not in the molten puddle, but the actual light makes it hard to see. The edges of the molten puddle sort of dissapear into the hue, this makes it difficult to set the current and the weld size. It takes less current to weld than stainless does, maybe 15% less. The metal must be polished before welding to reduce the hue and general quality of the weld. Tiny, fast dips are the way I prefer to weld and this suits Inconel nicely. Of course, it's a reactive metal, back purging is a must.

Reply to
David Algie

Well, I guess this is it. There is nobody else out there that created anything COOL.

Hopefully everyone understands that I am not just talking about welding. If you made a cool set of crutches for your three legged dog, I would like to see it.

If you made airbags that deploy when an older person tilts to a 45 degree angle and softens their fall, I would like to see it. What is it called? OLD BAGS??????

Don't think that just because it may not be as cool in your mind as some other offering, it is not worthy here. EVERYTHING is wanted.

Keep them coming.

Bob

Reply to
Bob