What process should I use?

I want to take some 22 gauge perforated mesh, and weld it to .065" square tube. This is going to be finish work, so I don't want a lot of grinding or finishing. Looks are foremost, and also I need it to fit very flat and tight so that the edges can not cut a person. Should I maybe drill a hole in the mesh, and then spot it with a MIG, or use a TIG and run along the edge? Would I fry the edge trying to get a fusion weld, or just add a little filler and keep the puddle on the .065 piece? Or drill a hole and TIG it with a drop of filler?


Reply to
Desert Traveler
Loading thread data ...

TIG Braze weld it using Silicon bronze filler wire and half the amperage you would use for steel.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.