What process should I use?

I want to take some 22 gauge perforated mesh, and weld it to .065" square tube. This is going to be finish work, so I don't want a lot of grinding or finishing. Looks are foremost, and also I need it to fit very flat and tight so that the edges can not cut a person. Should I maybe drill a hole in the mesh, and then spot it with a MIG, or use a TIG and run along the edge? Would I fry the edge trying to get a fusion weld, or just add a little filler and keep the puddle on the .065 piece? Or drill a hole and TIG it with a drop of filler?

Steve

Reply to
Desert Traveler

TIG Braze weld it using Silicon bronze filler wire and half the amperage you would use for steel.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler