Rustlick SC3000 Tramp oil skimmer

Does anyone out there have any experience with one of these? Do they work? Bill Smith

Reply to
Bill Smith

Well, for $2,000, they *ought* to work! Ahm proly gettin their $200 jobby, a 12" wheel skimmer; the 18" skimmer is $230 at my local place.

What does the skimmer do w/ the oil it has skimmed? I would imagine it puts it in a sep container somehow? Not clear from the pics.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

I've got a Rustlick 12" disc skimmer on a VMC. I mounted it near the edge of the coolant tank so that the piece of angle iron hangs over the edge of the tank and put a meatloaf pan underneath. To the best of my knowledge they don't supply a catch pan.

YMMV

Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

I bought it at KBC for $200. It apparently had been sitting in their place for 5 years and their boss told them to get rid of it. It appears to be complete, I guess I'll find out soon enough if it works or not.

Bill Smith

Reply to
Bill Smith

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Nope.

Bill Smith

Reply to
Bill Smith

$10. Auctions are your friend. Otherwise, if you are a cheap bastard a rotisserie motor, piece of plastic and a couple strips of angle iron and you'll have your skimmer.

Reply to
hamei