Blueing oven

I am looking to buy a small oven or kiln for heat blueing steel parts, however every oven I see advertised is too cool, while every kiln or furnace I come across is too hot and too large, and hence too expensive. I have no inclination to make one, so can anybody advise where I can buy such an oven

handling parts 7" x 2" x 0.5"?

Cliff Coggin Kent England

Je suis Charlie

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

Get a 'too hot' one and alter the thermostat accordingly. There are very many temperature controllers on ebay that are excellent value for money. An example:

That includes the sensor. Personally I'd use it to drive a solid state relay that controls the elements

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

That one I linked to is too low a range for you but there are many more on the bay :)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

How about this sort of thing and enamelling kiln

. About the size you want and goes high enough to normalise if you want to do that.

Reply to
David Billington

That one I linked to is too low a range for you but there are many more on the bay :)

Andrew

control might be too coarse at the range I want to use. I know external controls can be fitted but I am not competent enough to carry out such modifications.

Cliff.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

How about this sort of thing and enamelling kiln

. About the size you want and goes high enough to normalise if you want to do that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Well I'm blowed! I spent hours on Ebay last night looking for just this sort of thing and found nothing. I shall investigate further because it looks to be ideal for my purpose.

Cliff.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

It's a seriously simple modification :)