Making hook bolt

I want to turn a 3mm x 50mm bolt into a hook bolt, whats the best way of bending it without weakening the metal, I'm presuming heating it first but advice would be appreciated.

Reply to
Scabbydug

That depends. :-) You can try bending it cold (and it will break when it is threaded where you bend it) or it is a high grade bolt that you have to heat. But then it will get soft.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Buy some 3mm rod, heat it, bend it, cool it. thread the end part.

Ed

Nick Mueller wrote:

Reply to
zedbert