Bolt analysis

Dear All,

I should perform a bolt analysis of a joint.

All I need is a way to extract the forces on the bolt (tensile,sheer, bending).....

Which element should I use in Ansys to have the force values in output?!

Thanks a lot!!!

Reply to
Mario

A beam element will work. A spring element(s) will too.

I'm not familiar enough with Ansys to tell you it's specific element names.

Reply to
Jeff Finlayson

Jeff, do you think it would be possible to get directly FORCE values as output? Have you already perform bolt analysis?

Thanks Mario

"Jeff F>

Reply to
Mario

Of course that's why I suggested those type elements.

Many times in various forms.

Reply to
Jeff Finlayson