OT: Description needed for hot air soldering "shield"

Sorry if off topic.

I'm trying to find out what a particular item is called, and am certain someone here knows the answer.

When hot air desoldering, there is a square / rectangular - I would imagine stainless steel - shield that prevents the hot air from blowing to components surrounding that which is being worked on.

I need to purchase some of these, but have googled under every description I can think of, only to yield nothing.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Odie

Reply to
Odie Ferrous

certain

blowing

Do you mean these sort of things:

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Thanks, Andrew - but, no - I have plenty of nozzles.

These "gadgets" are larger than the matching nozzle, and stop the hot air from blowing over the other components.

Odie

Reply to
Odie Ferrous

Probably easiest to find the tool you want to use, and then ask the makers what accessories they have available for it.

RS have a decent selection of hot air solering guns, but the makers may well be better.

We don't use surface mount stuff so I can't help on a specific gun, but Cooper Tools, who own people like Weller might be a good start.

Peter

Peter A Forbes