Hot Air Engines

I have put some more pictures of my Hot Air Engine collection on

anyone has any query about this subject by all means ask as I have a number of books & photo,s of the subject.

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Map

Dave Croft

No last minute bids, both remain unsold. Do you think the vendor's expectations were urealistic Dave? Asking prices for hot air engines do seem rather high.

Reply to
Nick Highfield

It is quite a few years since I bought one so I am out of date with prices. ISTR the highest I have paid was about £300 for an 1895 example with most prices being well less than £100. Perhaps I have just been lucky! PS I know of a tailor in Liverpool who has one of these.

last asked it wasn't for sale.

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Map

Dave Croft

That's a very nice thing and would, I think, justifiably fetch a pretty serious price, but I just can't see the average small hot air engine, separated from its driven equipment as 'worth' six or seven hundred quid.

I guess I too may have been lucky in the few I have bought, though the Ky-Ko is the only genuinely vintage one and that cost £180 plus a derelict Leek. Personally I would very much like to own an Ericsson, but at 4-5K? No way!

BTW have you ever been down to the Stirling Engine Society's do at Kew Bridge? If so we probably know each other by sight. As I've said before, I tend to remember engines better than people and I have definitely seen a Plank vacuum engine there!

Reply to
Nick Highfield