penetrating oil

I found a biodegradable penetrating oil based upon Castor Oil and citrus oil. Comments speak of it highly, especially for freeing stuck pistons and rings.

Called "S'OK", it is made by Shamrock Specialties, Inc. P.O. Box 1369 3503 West Oak Street Palestine, Texas 75802 USA

I've asked the manufacturers if it's available in the UK..

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Castor oil? Biodegradable? Shamrock Specialities? Come on Kim, do we look that daft? Ok, perhaps some of us do.

John

Reply to
John Manders

All,

Another foreign product (Australian?) that appealed to me was the aerosol ether spray called "Start You Bastard".

It struck me as particularly appropriate for starting a recalcitrant tractor on a snowy morning, when rushing to get the sheep fed before going to work!

In fact, without knowing it, I have called out the name of this product several times :-)

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

O contraire, mon amis!

See

Shamrock Specialties, Inc. provides medium run, small run, and odd-lot liquid filling services from 1/2 pint through 55 gallon sizes. We provide quick turnaround and would like to discuss your ongoing and/or infrequent packaging needs.

Portions of humble pie will be served shortly ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

I have a can of this before me now on my desk - actually it is "Start, Ya Bastard", manufactured (or packaged) by Nulon Products, Australia. Labelled as 24% ether with "anti-knock additives",

An English back-packer recently emailed me, looking for a can to take back home for his father. He got onto me through the marvels of Google - I had mentioned "Start Ya Bastard" some years ago on ATIS.

Website

JW² Perth, Western Australia

Norton AntiVirus 2003 installed

Reply to