tow behind sled for snowmobile

Anyone have any thoughts on how to fabricate the ski portion of a tow behind sled for a snowmobile? We used to have a Fold-A Sled and it would be really easy to build one, but the ski part has me stumped.
I have also thought about one of those tubs used by framers to pull loads around the fields...
Jamie Arnold (W) wrote:

I've seen car hoods used straight as they come from the auto wreckers. No skiis.
Ted
Use a stamping press.
Otherwise just go and buy skis at the wreckers or your local snowmobile parts supplier. Much cheaper.

The problem is that I don't have a stamping press (you already knew that) and the skis on the average fold a sled are about 8 feet long
I'm thinking about using either an old pair of water skis or using some 1 1/2" square tube, two runners, 4-6 inches apart as the "skis"...heat and bend the tips up
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:50:58 -0500, "Gung Ho"

Sorry, I guess I'm just not picturing it well today =-)
What's your profile shape?
Do you have access to a sheet metal brake?
Can you just use 4 smaller skis in place of 2?
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jhtml?id 1050251265 4a&type=product&cmCat=static_product
Looks like it would be cheaper to just buy a complete new one at $230.

Consider using a 6 - 8 inch slice from a corrugated culvert, cutting it and then heating and straightening it out. Gives strength and lateral stability. A 1.5' dia culvert will give you a ski of about 4' long.