Any thoughts on the Panasonic Gunslinger 261?

Combo Stick/MIG machine, spoolgun ready, looks interesting. Tweco gun, what spoolgun would fit these?

Thanks

-Tom

Reply to
TT

Any generic Spoolgun. MK Prince, or Cobra. Systematics. You could likely use a Miller 30A with the adapter box. Or a Readywelder.

If my Betamig 250 ever craps out the Gunslinger is top of my list for a replacement.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

I have had mine for just about two years and will never regret buying it. The 261T new was about $1300.00 with the tig setup and a spool of wire. Make sure you have them throw in the .025 drive roller as it is about 50.00 to buy one. Mine came with a .035/.045 drive roller. Lincoln and Miller weren't even close in price or quality in my mind. Steve Peterson

Reply to
Sven

The 261T isn't made anymore as far as I can tell.

I'm not keen on buying a mig with a plasma cutter (261P), but I think I might go for the 261 with the capability to do Stick up to 150A.

-Tom

Reply to
TT

As far as I can tell there is no reason you can't TIG with a 261. It appears to be the same machine as mine as the stick/MIG switch is the same on a

261T. If you really want a the TIG option be aware the 261 & 261T are DC only. Steve
Reply to
Sven

Ah yes, I've only been welding for 6 months so forgive my ignorance. I'm hooked though! Originally started looking at 110 machines, then the licoln

175, then figured what's another couple hundred? lincoln 215 or miller 210, then saw the gunslinger, ah, fun stuff, another several hundred more, who knows what's next. I really hope I can fudge my budget and get a gunslinger, looks like an awesome machine, and it must be if Ernie would buy one.

I forgot that you can Tig with a Stick machine given the right equipment, but dc only, which rules out aluminum but from what I know it will work for stainless and some other metals.

-Tom

Reply to
TT

DC only?

Gunner

Gunner

I should have clarified, dc only with the panasonic 261, I know there are ac/dc stick machines.

-Tom

Reply to
TT