Men's health

Do you wonder why men die before women?

Did you know that men die at higher rates than women from all 10 of the leading causes of death?

Do you know that research trying to find out why men die earlier does not include adult men from different backgrounds from across the country?

My name is Dr. James Mahalik and I am a researcher at Boston College examining men's health issues. I don't intend to spam your listserv but am surveying men for a study and am contacting men on your listserv to consider taking a 25-minute, anonymous, on-line survey. I've designed the study so that you can answer it at any time of the day or night in the privacy of your home or another place by clicking on the url below:

(note https, not http)

The goal in this study is to learn more about influences on men's health in order to help men live longer and healthier lives. Research on these issues has been criticized for not including adult men from a broad range of backgrounds and ages. So without understanding the experiences of men like you, work on men's health remains very incomplete.

Your participation is entirely anonymous. In the study, you will not be asked to give any identifying information (e.g., name, town, address). Your decision to take part in this study is voluntary. You will not be contacted in any way following your participation in the survey. You will not be asked to buy anything or to sign up for any membership. You are only being asked to complete the on-line survey and nothing else.

Thank you for your willingness to consider participating in this survey. If you have any questions, please contact me at snipped-for-privacy@bc.edu. Also, if you are interested in receiving results from this study, please send me an e-mail at snipped-for-privacy@bc.edu and ask for a summary of the studies findings when complete (about 1-2 months).

To participate, simply click on this link:

mahalik

Marriage?

Reply to
Paul Calman