Miller172 MIG gun Question

This past weekend I sliced into my MIG whip with a grinder. Machine is Miller challenger 172 w/ M-10 gun. The trigger wires must have got zapped too because the trigger doesn't trip the wire feed unless I hold the sliced part together firmly. i.e. duct tape cannot be used as a quick fix.

Looking at my parts diagram, it is not obvious that I can replace the outer sheath by itself. I'd like to fix it without buying a whole new gun.

What are my options?

If it turns out I've got to replace the whole gun, what would I need to do to put a Tweco gun on this machine? Would it be a simple matter of an adaptor or 2?

My impression is that the Tweco guns are a bit beefier than the M-10 and that parts are far more ubiquitous.

Thanks all.

Jeff Dantzler

Reply to
Jeff Dantzler

You should be able to buy a stock Tweco gun that will pop right into the Challenger 172.

The nice bit about Tweco is that their parts are cheap and everybody has them.

I don't love their gun designs, but I respect them.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler