Mig Welder Problems

I have a beta mig rc 250 i know its a old model but it has worked fine for the last 15 years i fired it up today to do a bit a of mig welding and the wire wont feed, i cant seem to find my manual anymore does anyone have a wiring diagram or any help that might though some help on the situation ?

Reply to
dmoreland

Betcha your liner or wire is corroded -- or both.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

put a new reel in and checked the connections in the gun and under the main pannel but wouthout a wiring diagram its gona take me forever to find the problem

Reply to
Mcnab

  1. Don't freak out.

  1. Find the motor control relay, and see if it's getting power. If so, and it isn't triggering, replace the relay.

  2. If the relay is triggering (motor is getting power) and the motor isn't turning, pull the motor and take it apart and find out why not, maybe replace it.

  1. If the motor's turning and the wire isn't moving, it's drive rolls or jammed wire.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

I have the same machine.

Things to check.

Switch wires from base of gun to machine. Trigger contact in gun. Main contactor relay.

Also make sure the rotary switch that sets the voltage is completely on one setting. If it is between settings you will get nothing out of the machine.

As these rotary switches get old they get pickier about exactly where you set them.

Great machine.

The factory guns were made by OXO, and you can still get parts. The trigger switch is really simple and if you take the trigger out you can clean the contacts with a small file or sand paper, and re-install.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Check the brushes in the motor. John

Reply to
John

cheers for the help had a little look this afternoon and the relay had gone so im in the process iof tracking down i new one, but works thinking of replacing the welder anyway as its almost 20 years old still looks mint though.

Reply to
Mcnab

I don't know exactly what your relay looks like, but I haven't found too many that can't be disassembled. If you're going to replace it anyway, why not take a look. It may just have some dirty contacts which an emery board, folded over fine sand paper or such could clean up. Sometimes a metal filing gets stuck in between the flapper and the electromagnet and a blast of air will get rid of it.

I've fixed a lot of relays in my day and many of them are still in service :)

Reply to
Leon Fisk