campbell hausfeld mig conversion

there is a listing on ebay for a mig conversion kit for a campbell hausfeld welder. I have a campbell hausfeld welder that I use with the flux core and it works pretty good. What benefits would this mig conversion do for me?

price is right, cheaper than a new machine.

jc

Reply to
jackson_whittman

hey I'm the guy who is actually selling that! I paid more than the $65. that the Keith pointed out so that's how I came up with the $49.95 starting price (they must have lowered their price, I'm not trying to rip anybody off). I would lower the price if you're interested. Email me through ebay. Keith, thanks for finding that, it makes sense to buy a new one if it's only $10. difference. walt ps. JC, for what it's worth a new machine would be better in the long run but if you're sattisfied with the ch, the mig conversion made much cleaner welds without the flux core spatter.

Reply to
wallster

You would probably be better off in the long run to sell your welder and buy a Lincoln SP-135 or Millermatic 135. In addition to the kit you'll also need the gas cylinder but you would need that with the Lincoln or Miller as well.

If you choose to buy the kit, you can get it for almost the same price from CH. Go to

and enter WT600400AJ in the "Find a part:" window in the center of the top of the page. It's $65 plus $9.95 shipping. The guy on eBay wants $49.95 + $15.00 shipping so the difference is only about $10 for new with a warranty, direct from the manufacturer vs. used.

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

Without using CH welder, MIG conversion let your welder use solid wire with shielding gas for less fumes and clean welds. You knew that. MIG will probably let your welder weld 20 ga. and 22 ga. steel easy without manual pulse to prevent burning through. Fluxcore wire is still be better for welding thick steel at high limit of welder because of better penitration. MIG lets you weld stainless steel and aluminum so you can experience all the aluminum MIG welding problems yourself.

I see no gas solenoid so you will waste lots of expensive shielding gas if ther isn't one on your welder. . There is a fixed flow rated regulated pictured.

Reply to
R. Duncan

difference.

Reply to
Keith Marshall

no problem here, I didn't take it like that, if he buys it cool, if not sooner or later someone will want it. I prefer a mig as well, I ordered a new miller 175 and I like the portability of that little ch as a flux core machine for outside stuff and tacking, but it is very messy compared to the mig walt

Reply to
wallster

If you can ever get your hands on some ESAB fluxcore wire, try it and you'll never go back to the other stuff. A bit pricey and that's probably why it's not stocked much. As smooth or more than MIG and the flux just powders off.

Reply to
Zorro

Reply to
acrobat-ants