Mig torch repair questions. And of the questions

I have the MB120A fixed(fixed and NOT repaired). I had to grind the face of the brass tube that the nozzle goes on and then re-thread the inside so tip would screw in cleaner han it did. While this works there is still a problem in that the tip is not centered in the nozzle anymore.

I plan on getting a piece of brass tubing and threading it properly. This will fix the metal portion of the mig torch. I need to know what type of plastic the line and the gas tube are made of? I have priced new torches that come with everything in them but they are still a bit too pricey at this time, yes even the $125 ones. I figure I should be able to get the plastic tubing from some sort of supply house that doesn't deal exactly with welding, the welding places local are expensive!

I am hoping the DIY'ers or someone who repairs torches will chime in and let me know what they use for inexpensive liners, this one is plastic of some type. Also, what sort of tube is that for the gas, argon and such for mig?

Another, is it a simple addition of a contactor in-line with the ground lead to make a constant "hot" torch into one that is only hot during operation? Or does there need to be some sort of delay before the wire feeder turns on?

Going back to the gas tubing, neither one of these machines I have has any sort of gas relay in them. On one machine the gas tube goes straight from outside the case all the way up to the torch, no relay involved and I am guessing that the torch switch is also the gas valve. Looks about the same in the MB120A too.

OH!! Neither of these machines will do flux core, even if I only want to see if the machines will run. There is no real way to change the ground and positive wires. The MB120A uses nuts and bolts but there is not enough wire to reach. The no name blue box has the leads crimped and not bolted. I would have thought that even the cheapy machines would do flux core,err?

Ok, any and all advice, tips, techniques and pointers to supplies will be appreciated greatly. I have been and am googling. I believe my lack of proper terminology is getting in my way,err.

Thor

Reply to
Thor

Have you checked eBay to see what you can find?

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall