9ZAP Campac

Hi Has anyone out there any experience of memories on a Campac corrupting. What has happened to me is that 5 of 10 simple model memories on a Campac would not load. They were visible in MSL but when attempting to load the No1 memory of the inbuilt system loaded. On 2 of the 5 memories affected the name was altered ... Bearcat became Be_rcat and another which was Avro had a comma added. The other 5 memories are fine and today, having reset the corrupt model memories all seems well. But what caused the problem .... any ideas?

Reply to
noone

I had one totally erase itself. The models in the xmtr's memory were fine, but everything on the CAMPAC disappeared. Did a very close inspection for bad solder joints, bum traces, etc and could find nothing wrong. Added models back to it and it has worked fine ever since....that was three years ago.

I had my cell phone in the xmtr case and thought that my have been the culprit, but I have tried many times/ways to corrupt the CAMPAC with a cell and it had no effect.

Reply to
Tom Minger

On Mon, 30 May 2005, Tom Minger wrote Hi Tom Thanks for that. I had had my cell phone in close proximity to the TX also so whilst there is still a great debate about the possible effects, I for one am now convinced there can be. Whether I am right or wrong, it doesn't hurt being cautious.

Dick

Reply to
noone