A few odd coincidences....

My name is Robert Scott. I just bought a CMP P-40 1.40 ARF. Today, February 27, is my birthday.

Today, ace fighter pilot and multiple-medal-winner General Robert Scott died at age 92. He is best known for flying a P-40 in China with the AVG Flying Tigers.`

None of this means a thing, but it seemed a little interesting to me. :-)

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
desmobob

Oh yeah... here's the link to the news story about Scott's death:

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
desmobob

A taste of synchronicity.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Bob:

Is there anyone who hasn't read and loved "God is My Copilot"? That book was the subject of my first book report, and I still have that very book on my shelf. I hope my grandson will read it soon.

By the way, the subject of my second book report was "Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo". I wonder how many other guys born in the 40's treasured those two books. (That one fell apart about ten years ago.)

Thanks for that news item, Bob.

Harlan

Reply to
H Davis

Do you feel any "different? I am in the business. If I use your story, you will be reimbursed.

Reply to
zara

That depends... what business are you in? :-)

Good flying, desmobob, alive and kicking

Reply to
desmobob

I was born the year General Scott graduated from West Point but our Ai

Force careers overlapped. His book, God Is My Copilot, inspired me t become an aviation cadet and Air Force Pilot. My 5 year tour of dut ended on January, 1958, only a couple of months after he retired. I

1990, I found an original edition of God Is My Copilot in a used boo store. In 2002, I stopped at the Robins AFB Museum and was surprise to meet General Scott in the lobby. The next time I visited th museum, I carried my 1943 edition of God Is My Copilot and h autographed it.

Chuck Anderso

-- Chuck

----------------------------------------------------------------------- ChuckA's Profile:

this thread:

ChuckA

Well done, Chuck!

Ken

Reply to
kcashion

The occult.

Reply to
zara

Hmmm... I used to listen to a lot of Blue Oyster Cult, but as far as the occult goes, I don't dabble in it. :-)

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
desmobob

You don't need to, Bob. It will dabble with you.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

In fact, Zara probably doesn't even need a transmitter to fly............ d:->))

Reply to
CRaSH

Well, gentlemen, it appears we've entered The Twilight Zone. (RIP Mr. Sterling, who recently passed)

Good flying, desmobob

-------- this message prepared on a OUIJA board ----------

Reply to
desmobob

Reply to
Noah Little

The guy's been dead for 30 years? Is CNN airing reports of his death for lack of any "factual" news out of the Middle East?

and I thought it was SERLING....

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

It is Serling... my typo. And that's no biggie compared to: DIED IN

1975?!?!?!?

I must truly be in the Twilight Zone. Did I confuse him with Don Knotts?

Never mind, desmobob

Reply to
desmobob

Yeah, little error in timing there. :)

lol.. The image of Barney Fife saying, "....in the twilight zone" cracks me up.

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego