A Goldberg Eaglet

Someone asked for pictures of the servo build up. Well, here's a picture of the finished plane, instead.

Tim Wescott

Nifty! Looks great. I'm interested in how it flies. Is the little guy interested in RC? I guess the other Bantam didn't get a pot. mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:34:33 -0500, "MJKolodziej" wrote in :

Agreed. Beautifully built and covered!

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

The other Bantam got reinspected and declared "good" -- I'll be sure to post the crash pictures if I'm wrong.

When I pointed out the finished plane to #2 son and verified that it was "the trainer" he jumped for joy. For now I think we can mark him down as "interested".

I'm not sure how long the enthusiasm will last, but he has a history of being attracted to airplanes: at 18 months he watched an approach airplane with increasing enthusiasm as it approached our back yard -- until it flew over, whereupon he waved sadly and gave it a disconsolate "bye bye". At about the same age I was peering in the cockpit of a full scale Cub at a fly in, when this chubby little hand reached past my ear (he was in a backpack) and pointed at the seats "one, two ... Airplane Ride!". When I explained that we couldn't go riding in the airplane he started screaming -- we had to leave the show then and there, poor guy.

He's 10 now, so I think that with a buddy box he should be good to fly, if not to land or take off.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Some time back, there were pictures in Model Aviation of Chip Hyde, who was 8 years old at the time and I believe a 2nd place winner at the Nats in I think RC Pattern. Caption was, "How do you explain to your wife that 8 year old Chip Hyde beat you?"

I am sure your 10 year old would be more than thrilled to fly R/C. Also, there are some entry level RTF R/C electrics that might suit his fancy, and with proper guidance be able to fly and charge in your absence, if you have a decent field near home.

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

The back yard is big enough for most anything with a wingspan smaller than 3', if you're _really_ careful about the trees.

But damn, those trees have an appetite for foam and balsa.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

The poor things are probably starving to death because nobody flies kites anymore...

Dan Fubar of The HillPeople

Reply to
Fubar of the HillPeople