LiPo Cell Leveling

Any DIY cell leveler circuits out there? Spending has been heavy this
month, it's time to stop before things get _really_ out of hand, yet I
have this three-cell pack...
Or should I just make a cable that lets me charge each cell individually?
Reply to
Tim Wescott
Are you suggesting this, or asking what I said?
Yes, that's what I said. The "leveling connector" on a pack gives you access to each cell individually, so instead of leveling as you charge the whole pack you could just as well change each cell on its own, at the cost of considerably more time spent.
Reply to
Tim Wescott
Thanks. I had done some more extensive web searching and answered my own question, at least to the extent of finding out that a leveler is essentially a power zener diode that keeps the cell voltage limited during charge so a well-charged cell doesn't get overcharged.
But I would have gone out and designed a much more complex (and probably over-precise) circuit than this one.
Reply to
Tim Wescott
DOH! Get a 'Blinky" from Astro Flight for $25! It is called BALANCING, not Leveling. That may be why you can't find what you're looking for on the net.
Reply to
Jim
No, a balancer does more than that. It finds the highest cells and the lowest cells and takes some away from the high to give to the low. It does this for every cell in the pack until all of the cells have relatively the same voltage in them. It is NOT just a voltage limiter device.
Reply to
Jim

Site Timeline