Anyway to clean this up??

Just was wondering why there is so much junk on the site recently? I always enjoyed the R/C info but it's almost not worth looking anymore.

Ray

Reply to
Kat3595

If you want to talk modelling pure and simple, go to rcgroups.

Usenet has always had a high noise to signal ratio.

Whether you like it or not, it won't change.

So change your ideas, or the way you exchange info.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The crap that shows up here usually comes from the same people, and also is usually spam posted to multiple newsgroups. For a simple fix to filter out (PLONK) individuals, and if you're using IE Explorer, have the assinine message highlighted, and click on "Block Sender" that you will find up there in the "Message" menu at the top of the screen. From that point on, messages posted from that sender won't even appear on your screen. You may also use alternate means of accessing newsgroups that allow you to block any messages other than those that are sent exclusively to the rec.models.rc.air group, but my main point is that there ARE ways to make your newsgroup experience easier to take. You're just going to have to do some research on your own.

MJC

"Kat3595" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m15.aol.com...

Reply to
MJC

Reply to
Arne

This from one of the biggest junkmasters on the site.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

So? If you don't like it, I gave valid instructions on how to avoid it.

You, DR1 driver and C O Jones are the biggest plonkers here.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If they are bigger plonkers, then why is your post rate ~50% higher than either of them ???????????????

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

Because I have more free time? Can you elucidate the logic that equates frequency of posting with plonk factor?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Less of a life is more like it!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Sure Ray --

The best way is to ABSOLUTELY NOT REPLY to any of the junk postings. Take a pledge to TOTALLY IGNORE THEM!

Reply to
Lyman Slack

It goes to prove that Adult Attention Deficit is real and not just something invented to sell pills.

Phil AMA609

Reply to
pcoopy

It goes to prove that Adult Attention Deficit is real and not something invented to sell pills.

Phil AMA609

Reply to
pcoopy

Try the one TNP mentioned, also check out MSN r/c group.

Mike

Reply to
Mike R.