APC slo flyer prop adapter

Just got a HiMax brushless with a APC slo flyer collet prop adapter and several different props. How in the *&^%$# do you tighten the adapter on the shaft??? What are the alternatives that'll go on a 3mm shaft? Only other model I've built is a World Models J-3 with stock Speed 400, and it has a odd arrangement with a wire though the shaft, locked with a set screw in the tip of the shaft, but it WORKS! tia

Cheers'n Beers.. [_]) Don

Reply to
Don Parker

MPjet collet adaptors are great on 3mm shafts.

3.2mm adapters are s**te on 3mm shafts.

The Natural Philosopher

I think you nailed it! Ran across a thread on rcgroups that mentioned HiMax had sent out some of the wrong size adapters with their new gearboxes, and MPI would send a free replacement, so I let them know my problem.... .2mm is about what's lacking too!! Jeezz, couldn't imagine going into battle with this arrangement.. d:->))

Reply to
Don Parker