The Natural Philosopher

No, these ones are from Serious. :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Playing possum? ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

A shot of "tri-ox" should get it going...

Reply to
Tim

Prince of Darkness ?!?! That's a new one on me. Warm beer is what I remember...

Sir Lucas, eh? Makes me wonder if he hung around with Sir Jagger...

Reply to
Andy Eng

It might get better

John

Reply to
John Stein

Easter is the traditional time for resurrection stories...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Talk about flying by the sit of your pants. They send the Beagle out there, than have to wait two weeks before the have a secure line of communication to contact it. Did George W. and Donald Rumsfeld plan the mission?

Reply to
Twinster2

communication to

Beagle is a European effort. Can't you tell by the lack of funding?

GW and Rummy backed the NASA effort which BTW is on the surface, wandering around and sending back great pictures.

Chuck

Reply to
C.O.Jones

The Nasa Rovers were on the drawing board for over five years. Bushwack had nothing to do with either. If he did, they would have probably ended up like the Beagle.

Reply to
Twinster2

Five years because of Clinton budget cuts!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Gore (as Clinton's running mate) really pushed space exploration when they were running for the first term. NASA's budget got major cuts almost before they got their underwear unpacked in Washington.

tim

Reply to
Tim

See what happens when you do not have a well defined mission?

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Try telling that to Sadam.

Reply to
JosLvng

Nearly all of the toys used in the "war" were designed and developed long before Busy came into power. Also hard to call it a war when the enemy hardly fought back, either time!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Try telling that to the families of the men and women soldiers who died and were wounded in each War. What an idiot!

Reply to
JosLvng

As a father of a Kiowa warrior helicopter pilot, I can only say you are ignorant of the actualities of war.

Do not confuse a quick victory, accomplished with an extremely motivated and well trained army as an indication there was "hardly a war".

Tell my son who has had a number of his fellow pilots shot down there was "hardly a war". I suspect that in deference to your age he would refrain from punching you in the month. I doubt that I would be so charitable towards your stupidity.

Reply to
w4jle

As a father of a Kiowa warrior helicopter pilot, I can only say you are ignorant of the actualities of war.

Do not confuse a quick victory, accomplished with an extremely motivated and well trained army as an indication there was "hardly a war".

Tell my son who has had a number of his fellow pilots shot down there was "hardly a war". I suspect that in deference to your age he would refrain from punching you in the month. I doubt that I would be so charitable towards your stupidity.

Reply to
w4jle

w4jle:

I have many friends associated with the current action in one way or another. I think your position is on target. Tell your son that almost all thank him and his associates for their efforts.

Jim Branaum AMA 1428

Six_O'clock_High Target snipped-for-privacy@Guns.com

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High