Bearings replacement

Hi ,
I need to replace the bearings in an OS 46 FXH motorbut I'm not sure how to proceed. Do I need to remove the piston sleeve ? Do I heat the
crankcase to remove the front bearing ?
Thanks
Andre Gagnon
If you have not disassembled an engine previously, I recommend that you obtain a copy of one of the two books that shows you how to do it. Dave Gierke's "Two Stroke Glow Engines" and Harry Higley's "All About Engines" are good resources. Yes, you will need to remove the piston and sleeve, and heating in an oven to about 100-110C will allow you to easily push the bearings out with a wooden dowel. Avoid using a propane torch, since uneven heating may distort something.
Good luck!
Geoff Sanders
Andre Gagnon wrote:

Check out the fifth question on this page on the OS site. http://www.osengines.com/faq/product-faq.html#q3
JR

how
Thank you very much. It worked fine.
Andre Gagnon

just heat up the engine with a torch or in the oven at about 250 degrees. remove always the sleeve and anything not needed, because the more metal the more heat you need . when its heated up , just tap the cranckcase hard with its back on some kind of wood, the bearing will fall out. it might take some more taps then one, but that you will find our yourself. greetings rinie

how
Andre,
Youneed to remove the head, backplate, piston, liner, prop drive washer, crankshaft and carb before trying to remove the bearings. After you remove all the bits, place the crankcase in an oven set to about 250-300 deg F for about 10-15 minutes. If you set the crankcase on its back, the rear bearing may just fall out on its own. If not, just rap the rear of the crankcase on some soft wood such as pine or fir. The front bearing may be more stubborn. I made a piece of coat hangar wire into a hook with a flattened end so that I could get behind the bearing and pull it out. With some engines you can also push the bearing out with a piece of dowel.
You can visit my web site and look at the FAQ for removal and replacement instructions.
http://fly.mcintoshcentral.com
--
Paul McIntosh
Desert Sky Model Aviation