Beaver on Floats question

Hi and thanks in advance for reading this. I have just finished a scale DH2 Beaver with an 8 ft wingspan and on floats. One of the final adjustments are the floats. (I will be flying with wheels to trim the plane before floats) ... I know that if I have the nose too far down it won't leave the water. If I have the nose to high it will buck to get out of the water too prematurally.

Is there a "golden rule" to follow here?....Thanks.....Jim

Reply to
Jim & Lil

Check out =

"Ironsides" ' site is changing servers at present so the other links are down. regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

A.T.

The top line of the float should be parallel to the underside of the wing, same incidence. The step should be just about 1/4" behind the CG.

In article , Jim & Lil writes

Reply to
Richard Crapp

Yup The step should be in line with the C/G with the datum line level and the wing should be at about 2' positive to the top of the float. The Beaver has a tendency to roll to the left if forced off prematurely and the 2' will help eliminate that somewhat. If you built it with the flaps, use about 10' of flap on takeoff. Let it run on the step until you see light under the floats before you attempt to climb. That, along with the 2' will ensure safe takeoffs every time. Regards, Gord Schindler MAAC6694

Reply to
Gord Schindler