Floats on the NexStar

Has anyone put floats on this bird. I have one and want to float fly. I've been talking to a LHS and he has not heard of anyone putting floats on this plane. He has recommended the Great Plane's Sport Floats 28 inches and Gee Bee's 33 inch floats. What do you guys think?

I'm wondering if the rounded bottom can be modified by placing a flat 90 deg ply balsa onto the firewall to mount the front bracket of the floats. Any thoughts. If anyone has floats on their NexStar, I would really appreciate any help. If so, are you able to take a few pics to show me what you've done. Thanks all for your help.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Earle