Fi-103 on floats

I've seen a drawing of a V-1 on floats, its wings removed, and intended as a weapon. Does anyone have any digital copies of the images? I don't currently have any such pictures.

Thanks.

Reply to
mholt

snipped-for-privacy@ohiohills.com said the following on 15/08/2008 17:10:

You could ask either Rob Arndt or ... no, don't ask LIBERATOR! in rec.aviation.military

His home site is here and he's a little more lucid than most, posting much of the weird Nazi project stuff links on RAM.

Richard Brooks

There's a bit of data at

concerns itself with this project. I remember a similar project using a pair of Ju.52/3m floats and a jet engine for use as a high-speed torpedo or radio-controlled bomb. Nothing came of it because (as I recall) you'd need a nearly dead-calm sea to be controllable.

Reply to
The Old Man

Be warned that, while he is VERY knowledgable on nazi aviation, he rubs many people the wrong way. He's very into german "flying saucers" and other luft-46/oddbal stuff. As in he believes in it, and attributes everything flying throughout hiostory to Germany. :-p I've heard of v-1 based towed bombs, but never as a float plane. If you get any leads, please share...

Reply to
eyeball

I needed to ask a question about the He-111 last year or so and he was okay. Get in, ask, then Duck and Cover.

If it's Speilberg's Stargate technology (Real BTW ;-) and stolen from the Nazi's who are flying under the earth's surface in flying saucers) then just read the other one's output but only do it when drunk or stoned - as I think the kids of today call it.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Some of the things from "Liberator" would, if said in person, get him "stoned". In the biblical sense...

Reply to
eyeball

There is at least one kit of this contraption in 1/72 scale.If it the one that I'm thinking of look up K.M.P. Models Linse Pulse-jet Powered Explosive Boat. They also did a twin pulse-jet boat, one manned, one remote. The problem is that K.M.P. may have announced these but never released them. I've never seen one.Mando Models did do the Tornado Jet Powered Expendable Motor Boat, which may be the same critter. TomOn Aug 15, 1:45=A0pm, eyeball wrote:> On Aug 15,

3:38=A0pm, Richard Brooks > > > > > - Hide quoted text -> > - Show quoted text -> > armstrongs.com> wrote:> >

eyeball said the following on 15/08/2008 20:24:> > > > On Aug 15, 1:42 pm, Richard Brooks > > armstrongs.com>

wrote:> > >> snipped-for-privacy@ohiohills.com said the following on 15/08/2008

17:10:> > > >>> I've seen a drawing of a V-1 on floats, its wings removed, and> > >>> intended as a weapon. =A0Does anyone have any digital copies of the> > >>> images? =A0I don't currently have any such pictures.> > >>> Thanks.> > >> You could ask either Rob Arndt or ... no, don't ask LIBERATOR! in> > >> rec.aviation.military> > > >> His home site is here and he's a little more lucid than most, posting> >

> > > Be warned that, while he is VERY knowledgable on nazi aviation, he> > > rubs many people the wrong way. He's very into german "flying saucers"> > > and other luft-46/oddbal stuff. As in he believes in it, and> > > attributes everything flying throughout hiostory to Germany. :-p> > > I've heard of v-1 based towed bombs, but never as a float plane. If> > > you get any leads, please share...> > > I needed to ask a question about the He-111 last year or so and he was> > okay. =A0Get in, ask, then Duck and Cover.> > > If it's Speilberg's Stargate technology (Real BTW ;-) and stolen from> > the Nazi's who are flying under the earth's surface in flying saucers)> >

then just read the other one's output but only do it when drunk or> >

stoned - as I think the kids of today call it.> > Some of the things from "Liberator" would, if said in person, get him> "stoned". In the biblical sense...

Reply to
maiesm72