Best way to sell transmitter

I want to sell a used transmitter and would like advice on the best (meaning more exposure) place to sell it; either ebay or rcuniverse or perhaps a different rc auction house.

Thanks

Reply to
goodfella

On 2 Nov 2006 10:07:38 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "goodfella" instead replied:

Why not make it simple? Put a price on it and sell it here. Lots of folk here might need a spare or a replacement.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

In my experience: If you put a fair price on it, selling it here is the least hassle - and no commision to anyone. Have tried ebay etc several times, and always came back to selling on the usenet.

YMMV

Marc

Reply to
Marc Heusser

Reply to
goodfella

On 2 Nov 2006 14:48:28 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "goodfella" instead replied:

Much as folk here hate this fact, USENET is an anarchy where only voluntary compliance to rules works. As long as you only sell here now and again, most won't complain. Some would love to see this become yet another catalog of items to buy. Others hate the first sign of a seller.

But, you'll be all right. You're a Goodfella, after all.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

I have sold items to people on rcgroups.com with no problems.

Reply to
Vance

Donate to charity and take tax write off. Used transmitters seldom bring more than $25 no matter where or how you sell them - swap meets, e-Bay, here or in your local pawn shop.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Might be just as well keeping it at home as a simulator box, I use my old Field Force 7 for that, it's old and knackered and falling apart, and glued back together, but fine as a simulator box

Reply to
Gavin

| Donate to charity and take tax write off. Used transmitters seldom | bring more than $25 no matter where or how you sell them - swap | meets, e-Bay, here or in your local pawn shop.

... unless it's something in demand, which usually means a recent computer radio (7+ channels, synthesized, etc.) or something old and special (like the old single stick Kraft radios.)

Old 4 channel TXs are certainly useful as buddy boxes, but not that many people even need a buddy box, and those that do often already have their own old 4 channel TXs. They're good for simulators too, once you get the appropriate cable/adapter.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

ebay.

And post a link in here and elsewhere.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Again thanks for all of the advice. It is a pretty new computer radio (purchased in July 2006) and it comes complete with manual, never used servos, never used reciever and never used receiver battery. I could put it on ebay, but I know that what I want for it is the price that units like it are going for on the auction sites. Rather than wait several days for a the auction to get over, I plan to put a price on it and sell it right away. I do not have to sell it so I am going to stand pretty firm on the price but will ship it at a reasonable rate with insurance. Look for the item soon.

The Natural Philos> > I want to sell a used transmitter and would like advice on the best

Reply to
goodfella

AND YOUR PRICE IS?

Reply to