Bottom release mechansim

I've seen some flyer have a bottom release mechanism that allows them to put a parachuter or some other item on the under carriage and with the flip of the switch at the transmitter release the little bugger... anyone have plans or insight on what parts are required to put one of these into a plane? I realize you use either a 5th or 6th channel but is there a special hook or holding device under the plane? Just lookig for some good ideas and examples of things you guys have used. Thanks

Reply to
Jet Red

Techniques I have seen mostly invlove a pin going bwteen tow eyes with teh load held by a third eye (!) the pin connects to a servo. and is withdrawn to allow the load to drop.

Not sure how to e.g. close bomb bay doors tho.

Possibly two servos in paralellel?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I mounted a servo inside the plane, with a pushrod out the side of the fuselage. With the servo fully actuated "in", the rod was flush with the Fuse side. With it "out, there was enough rod to hook a rubber band over. Anchor the band on the other side, take it across the dropee, and over the rod. flip the switch, the rod retracts, and the dropee --drops. Do not do this with a parachutist on the top of a trainer-type with rubber-band mounted wings. Please. I have reasons--you might not be as lucky as some folks were...

Roger

Jet Red wrote:

Reply to
Roger

I find a good kiss and a cuddle will activate the bottom release mechanism. Or am I on the wrong subject?

Reply to
John Hollinshead

Don't you mean a good curry ?

Reply to