building advice???

need 1/5 scale WW1 guild wires connectors...instructions call for nylon coated fishing wire but doesn't say anything about connector...Tower has turn buckles but very expensive, any ideas for substitute appreciated, thanx, ken

Reply to
KenKnapp

Small metal clevises.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Ken, Also take a look at Proctor

. I don't know how their stuff compares to Tower (I'd assume more, but maybe not), but it's good stuff, and they have about anything you could need.

What are you building?

Reply to
Mike Bealmear

You can either buy them or make them.

Buying is cheaper, unless you already have right and left-handed taps and dies in the #3 to #6 range. Last time I looked at left-handed

4-40 taps and dies I opted to forego the pleasure of owning the things. Bought Proctor and DuBro turnbuckles and modified 'em to suit my needs.

Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust

Fred McClellan

I found and used some tiny brass coloured jewellery clasps in a craft store. They are a small barrel shape with a piece of wire shaped into an eye at each end. They don't look exactly like turn buckles but close enough for government work. Drop me a note and I will scan one in and send the pic to you. Gord Schindler MAAC6694

Reply to
Gord Schindler

I used fishing leader swivels for my 1/6 scale Waco bipe. They come in black, gold, and silver colors. For wire, I used nylon coated steel fishing line and crimps to attach the swivels. They aren't scale, but look very good.

David

Reply to
David Morris

I'll look into the fishin gear thanx all, ken

Reply to
KenKnapp