controller and joystick on RealFlight

I have RF G2 with the gameport controller. Everything works fine. But if I want to plug in my joystick for MS Flight Simulator, I have to unplug the RF controller and remove the driver in control panel gaming options and add the joystick driver. Can I use the Radio Shack gameport to USB adapter and have both the RF controller and joystick installed and use both programs without having to remove/add drivers?

Reply to
Burt

I certainly don't know the answer to that one, but I think you might do better at the Knife-Edge or the Real Flight / Great Planes web sites. Good Luck. Andy

We can make a box of wood.....FLY!!

Reply to
RCPILOT48

I'm not sure which OS you are running. But, with Win XP, you can have multiple joysticks installed. RF G2 allows you to select which one you wish to use. So, adding a gameport adapter via USB should work. I know that I can use either the gameport on my motherboard or the one on my soundcard to control my choice of devices.

Jim - AMA 501383

Burt wrote:

Reply to
James D Jones

Yes you can. I'm using the same setup. Works like a charm. It took a bit of tweaking to get the PC to recognize the RF controller. I've been using it for over a year with no issues.

Cheers!

Reply to
SuperScooper