Realflight G3

Has anyone received their copy of G3 yet? Got an e-mail from Tower Hobbies yesterday saying it was shipped. According to the FedEX tracking results I should receive it today sometime. AeroAl

Reply to
Al Dissler

My copy of G3 is in an airplane somewhere over the pacific ocean. I should have it in a few days.

Tom Watson Sydney Australia

Reply to
Tom Watson

Let's hope the pilot has a pee bottle.

Reply to
Kevin

Mine actually got here yesterday. It doesn't flipping work. It dies after complaining about problems creating the windsock effect while loading the airport. Of course, the registration and update site is down for the holiday... Save the energy and angst. Friday or even next week Monday will be early enough. The important news is that it doesn't screw up RFG2 in any way.

Reply to
Boat

just a shame for G3 folks.. too late with the release, so now allmost all people have purcased the Reflex simulator, like myself. Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Scherrer

I haven't heard of this one. How does it compare to G2? Do you have a link?

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

Uhh... no. The last simulator i purcased ran on a cga card in 640x200. There was a hack to run it in 320x200 mode with "color" but it was a bit like the gameboy color, you'd see better colors if you hit yourself in the head with a dead squirrel (borrowing from a memorable sega commercial).

Reply to
Steve Banks

Hi there!

G2 would not work on my PC but G3 is running perfectly...

Great graphics and true aircraft behaviors....

My two cents...

Mike Luna

Reply to
Mike Luna

| G2 would not work on my PC but G3 is running perfectly...

G2 wouldn't run on GeForce cards without updates. Updates you couldn't get without registering it and such.

My guess would be that RFG2 would work on your computer if you had all the updates ... not that you're likely to care now :)

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Which GF cards were a problem?

My buddy and I are running it on three different systems... I have a GF4-Ti4200, and he has a GF3 (highest Ti available when he bought it) and an FX5700. The GF3 is running on 98SE, the rest are on XP-Pro. Before upgrading to my GF4, I ran it on a GF2-Ultra.

All AMD systems, upgraded to XP2600's from XP1700's and T'bird 1400's. Never had a problem with GF2 and never got updates.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

| On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 16:23:09 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@frenzy.com (Doug McLaren) | wrote: | | >In article , | >Mike Luna wrote: | >

| >| G2 would not work on my PC but G3 is running perfectly... | >

| >G2 wouldn't run on GeForce cards without updates. Updates you | >couldn't get without registering it and such. | | Which GF cards were a problem?

All of them.

| All AMD systems, upgraded to XP2600's from XP1700's and T'bird 1400's. | Never had a problem with GF2 and never got updates.

Perhaps you got a later version of RFG2 on your CD, one that already had the fixes. I got mine back before the USB controller came out -- if I recall correctly, TNT (TNT2?) and Voodoo3 was state of the art back when I got it.

RFG2 has really been around for quite a long time for what is essnetially a game. It may be a niche market, but I'll bet it's very profitable for them. RFG3 is probably only out due to the Reflex simulator.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Gotcha... The GF4 was just coming out when we bought ours (with USB), so ours probably did have the updates.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer