Futaba® 6EXA and realflight sim g2

Hi

I want to get the fitaba 6exa radio and the realflight g2 sim

Can these two work together ?

what specific cables do I need to attach to both to make it work?

Can the cables be purchased seperatley?

Can they be used for any other sim?

Thanks for any info, just trying to formulate a chrismas buyin plan

before the wife finds the new wish list. ;)

Reply to
kruliczek

| I want to get the fitaba 6exa radio and the realflight g2 sim

RFG3 is just about out (`Mid November' is what Tower says.) I'd suggest waiting for it. Or pick up a used copy of RFG2 cheap -- but they'll be even cheaper once RFG3 comes out. | Can these two work together ?

Yes.

| what specific cables do I need to attach to both to make it work?

Specific enough for you? :)

| Can the cables be purchased seperatley?

Of course.

| Can they be used for any other sim?

Hmm, that depends.

Actually, you don't need to buy a cable for RFG2 -- it now comes with a controller of it's own, with a USB interface. This is what you'd plug the trainer cord into, so unless you just absolutely need to use YOUR radio, their controller is probably just fine. It's got 5 analog channels and I think three toggles, so unless you need more controls, it's usually fine.

But yes, their controller is seen by Windows XP as a joystick, so other simulations and games can probably use it. I imagine that using the trainer port in the back to connect to another radio will not change this.

Reply to
Doug McLaren