Futaba 6XAS

Greetings,

What is the general opinion of the Futaba 6XAS system? How does it compare to the 6EXA system. (I operate on 50 MHz and the 6EXA is not available on that band.)

Thanks

Reply to
Mike Derman
6XAS is a much more advanced and superior radio to the 6EXA. The new 6EXA is a price point entry level radio.
Reply to
jeboba

What is the general opinion of the Futaba 6XAS system? How does it compare to the 6EXA system. (I operate on 50 MHz and the 6EXA is not available on that band.)

Thanks ================================== I have the 6XAS and I really like it.

My instructor likes it also; with one exception. The trainer switch is a tiny pushbutton rather than a toggle switch. He says his finger gets tired holding the button.

Carrell

Reply to
Carrell

There is nothing magic about that switch. Open up the transmitter, see what kind of switch it is, go to radio shack and replace that sucker with one that your instructor will like.

Reply to
Morgans

I have a 6XAS on 50mhz and its ok. Spend the extra bucks and get the 9C which is also available on 50. MUCH better radio. My XAS has now been relegated to slope flying.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

I'm just now ready to fly with my 6XA on 50 Mhz, seems to be more radio than I need for the moment but my Kadet Sr won't mind. What I wish is more people having flight packs for 50Mhz, I have two more planes now (and haven't flown one yet, as my wife points out) and need flight packs for those too.

Mark KF9TL

Reply to
Mark

You can buy the rx's at Tower Hobbies online. You can sometimes find em on Ebay. I have purchased them both places. Also, FMA direct sells 6 and 8 channel rx's for 50mhz (expensive) and RC Direct sells the Berg 6 for 50mhz. I use one of the Berg 6's in a slope plane. Too paranoid to use anything but dual conversion rx's in my glow planes! I suppose you could order Futaba 50mhz flight packs from Tower Hobbies if you called instead of ordering online, but I havent tried. I generally get my servos from Servo City and battery packs from Mr. Nicad.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

| I'm just now ready to fly with my 6XA on 50 Mhz, seems to be more radio | than I need for the moment but my Kadet Sr won't mind.

Usually it's more the wife that minds. Sounds like you've got that worked out ...

| What I wish is more people having flight packs for 50Mhz, I have two | more planes now (and haven't flown one yet, as my wife points out) | and need flight packs for those too.

FMA direct sells several.

Even their `micro' receivers work just fine in full sized planes.

There's no need to buy Futaba equipment to use with your Futaba receiver.

If you need servos, get them at

Hitec servos are usually cheaper but the quality is just as good. You can also get receivers from ServoCity, but I don't see any 50mhz equipment listed -- you might call and ask.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Except the Futaba rx's are 2/3 the price of the FMA rx's offered on 50mhz. The Fortress 6 was a good deal but they quit making them on 50mhz.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople