Futaba 6EXA radio replaced by "Super Futaba??

Does anyone know why Futaba is replacing the 6EXA radio with its "Super" version.. Makes we wonder since I don't think the 6EXA has been on the market that long???Fred123

Reply to
Fred123

| Does anyone know why Futaba is replacing the 6EXA radio with its | "Super" version.. Makes we wonder since I don't think the 6EXA has been | on the market that long???Fred123

They do that with most of their computer radios.

8 -> 8S, 9C -> 9CS, 6XA -> 6XAS ... and now 6EXA -> 6EXAS.

No big deal.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

And don't forget the "Super 7UAF" (never understood why they replaced that one). All of these radios have slightly different features. Typical Futaba, they make just way too many versions of essentially the same thing. Just look at the many different (slightly) servos they offer. Do we really need 50 (including digital) servos from one manufacturer?

It's possible that they replaced the 6EXA because it was a cheap POS compared to the rest of their computer line, like the 6XAS.

Dr.1

Reply to
Dr1

I just bought one and what I ended up getting was a 6EXAP - I hope it'

the right one....Maybe the 'P' stands for Plane.... ~Deegol

-- deegol

this thread:

deegola