SpaceShipOne - PRE-Flight new plane/rocket

Greetings!

This is a model of the frontrunner in the XPrize race to build the first cheap, commercial spacecraft. Designed by Burt Rutan of Scaled Composites, SpaceShipOne is carried aloft by WhiteKnight and is released after which it fires its rocket engine to boost itself to over 100km.

In this 1/4th scale model, you take off as the WhiteKnight carrying SpaceShipOne as a conventional plane. Then press 'X' to release, then 'B' to fire the rocket booster on SpaceShipOne (assume a high-angle attitude first).

Booster rocket characteristics can be changed in Menu Model, Quick Edit, Engine Tab.

This could be the spaceship we fly on our first (affordable) holiday in space!

Regards,

Jose

Reply to
Jose Pena

Is it possible to use the realflight usb controller for PRE-Flight?

Reply to
Normen Strobel

"Is it possible to use the realflight usb controller for PRE-Flight?"

With Windows XP try this:

  1. start > control panel > game controllers > installed game controller screen - remove all other controllers - plug in I-Controller - click OK
  2. PreFlight > controls > joystick & keys - click right side "Conf." box to change settings - throttle 3 - aileron 1 (check) - elevator 2 (check) - rudder 5 - click OK
  3. PreFlight > models - click Pitts Special Biplane

Simulator response is very crude compared to RealFlight.

Reply to
aeropal