Can a FireBird II Fuselage be repaired?

I tell me kids, "Gravity always wins"

It did tonight.

Nose dive into grass was so hard the engine moved forward, sucking in the rear of the plane far enough that the prop fell off and the spindle is flush with the back of the plane.

Any suggestions for surgery to open up the fuselage and remount the motor?

Reply to
pamtri

Send me your email and I can send some pics of surgery done on m

challenger...sounds like a similar deal I wen snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co

-- mphsjee

this thread:

mphsjeep

Here are some pics of the damage.

A friendly Canadian has suggested I can undo the 4 screws holding the guts in, extract through the canopy, and push the engine back in place. Then brace it with a metal motor mount.

Sounds like a plan.

Reply to
pamtri