Can an Old Vise be repaired by a Flux Core Wire Weld?

I only have a Wire Feed Welder with Flux Cored Wire. Was asking if I would be able to repair a crack with this type of weld? Any advice would be greatly
appreciated as I do not have any other method of repairing the Vise for someone else who owns the vise.
On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 05:18:03 +0000, dakaqsr wrote:

Oxy brazing is better. If you are determined to try it, then you really need to pre-heat the whole part to a high temperature, carry out the welding and then do a slow controlled cool down(smother in a bed of hot sand?). The differential cooling if not done this way can just crack it again.