Can an Old Vise be repaired by a Flux Core Wire Weld?

I only have a Wire Feed Welder with Flux Cored Wire. Was asking if I would be able to repair a crack with this type of weld? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I do not have any other method of repairing the Vise for someone else who owns the vise.

Reply to
dakaqsr

Oxy brazing is better. If you are determined to try it, then you really need to pre-heat the whole part to a high temperature, carry out the welding and then do a slow controlled cool down(smother in a bed of hot sand?). The differential cooling if not done this way can just crack it again.

Reply to
news13