Magnum XL 40 hitch

I augured in yesterday - too low & slow for gusty conditions.

Anyhow, I got a snootfull of mud in the venturi so today spent dissembling & cleaning.

I haven't dissembled the crankshaft or connecting rod but the head is off and I notice some binding as I turn the crank. This binding is at top dead center and consists of a mild bind at tdc with stronger binds either side of it (but close to tdc). I have oiled everything.

Did I bend the crank or the connecting rod or is this just what you expect for this type of engine?

LeeH The Crasher

Reply to
LeeH

An ABC cylinder/sleeve combo does this naturally, Lee. Are you sure that this isn't what you are up against?

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Ed, I think you're right - dug out the paperwork and it agrees. Whew! Didn't bend the crank! Thanks for the reply -

LeeH Bottom posting :-)

Reply to
LeeH