Magnum XL 40 hitch

I augured in yesterday - too low & slow for gusty conditions.
Anyhow, I got a snootfull of mud in the venturi so today spent
dissembling & cleaning.
I haven't dissembled the crankshaft or connecting rod but the head is
off and I notice some binding as I turn the crank. This binding is at
top dead center and consists of a mild bind at tdc with stronger binds
either side of it (but close to tdc). I have oiled everything.
Did I bend the crank or the connecting rod or is this just what you
expect for this type of engine?
LeeH
The Crasher
Reply to
LeeH
An ABC cylinder/sleeve combo does this naturally, Lee. Are you sure that this isn't what you are up against?
Ed Cregger
Reply to
Ed Cregger
Ed, I think you're right - dug out the paperwork and it agrees. Whew! Didn't bend the crank! Thanks for the reply -
LeeH Bottom posting :-)
Reply to
LeeH

Site Timeline