Clark-Y airfoil

P.S. Here is a photo of an early version which used an under-cambere

wing, but you get the general idea of what it looks like. Jac

+---------------------------------------------------------------- | Attachment filename: brushlespit.jpg |Download attachment:

-

Jack Gros

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted from the RCGroups.com Discussion Forums Visit us at

Jack Gross

If you have Compufoil, use teh NACA generator to make yourself a NACA 2213. I have used this one a few times, Very stable and good stall characteristics.

Paul McIntosh

Dan, The old Ace molded foam wings are very nearly NACA 2415's, which I found out when I decided to start cutting my own when they got so hard to find. Dave

Reply to
Daze

I would prefer the NACA 24-series over the 22-series. The foil is extremely gentle with monkey-proof stall characteristics down to low Reynolds numbers.

Reply to
Pe Reivers

Mike:

I think you are confusing the Taylor Cub (J-2) with the Taylorcraft. Taylor designed the "J" cub, but William Piper took over the compan (some argument about how...). The cubs had a USA-35 (very similar t the Clark Y).

After leaving Piper, Taylor designed the Taylorcraft. The Taylorcraf is a 2 person side-by-side design with the much cleaner NACA airfoil It was also used for many years as an aerobatic aircraft with clipped-wing mod, most famously by Duane Cole.

Davi

-- flii

----------------------------------------------------------------------- fliir's Profile:

this thread:

fliir

Thank you guys. I had experimented a bit and what I found to work the best so far, looks very much like your suggested NACA 2415. I have now put the 2415 coordinates into Compufoil and as soon as I can get the templates cut, I?ll try it out. Jack

Reply to
Jack Gross
1 to 1-1/2 degrees would be great for an airbatic aircraft while up to 3 degrees would be preferable for most scale aircraft and sport flyers that are of a heavier wing loading (like warbirds).

MJC

View this thread:

MJC

Thanks MJC,

Jac

-- Jack Gros

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jack Gross's Profile:

this thread:

Jack Gross

Hi guys from the UK.

I'm reading up hopefully to scratch build a 1/3 scale Piper Super Cub. I wondered if anyone could point me to a co-ordinates chart so that can accurately draw the aerofoil profile, please?

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you say above, I guess it'll have flat bottom even at 1/3 scale. 1/8" full-size concave bottom is abou

1mm at 1/3 scale, and it is practically going to be lost among th inaccuracies in the surface -at least with my building it is!

Thanks

-- ThrottleOf

this thread:

ThrottleOff